tomee-users mailing list archives

From COURTAULT Francois <Francois.Courta...@gemalto.com>
Subject RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 16:13:13 GMT
Hello Jonathan,

Just to be sure: could you confirm to us that TomEE 7.1.0 has successfully passed the TCKs
for
    - 1.1  for Config
    - 1.0  for Fault Tolerance
    - 1.0  for JWT propagation
?

As a feedback, I really think that it should be nice if you can ensure that TomEE 7.1 and
, in the next future, TomEE 8 will run fine on Java 10  and 11 (LTS).

Best Regards.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Gallimore [mailto:jonathan.gallimore@gmail.com]
Sent: vendredi 7 septembre 2018 17:51
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Cc: dev@tomee.apache.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache TomEE 7.1.0 Released

EE Certification is difficult topic. It is mentioned on the download page, but I will restate
it here: Only the TomEE 1.x WebProfile and JAX-RS distributions are EE 6 Webprofile certified.
In terms of Java compatibility, we've had reports of users using TomEE 7.0.5 successfully
with Java 9 and 10. Neither 7.0.5 nor 7.1.0 work with Java 11 due to changes in Java SE. This
release is the first of what should be a greatly accelerated release cadence; so while I appreciate
it might not quite be where you want it to be, we'll be looking release far more frequently,
so you shouldn't need to wait too long for the next releases, and Java 11 support is definitely
in sight for those.

Thanks for the note with the MP versions.

Kind Regards

Jon