tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jdbc connection pool size 2
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2018 14:24:01 GMT
I tend to run with small connection pools and only increase them if its
really necessary. If you do have something leaking a connection somewhere,
its worth solving that rather than increasing the pool size. That said, I'd
say a maxactive of 2 is very small, and maybe 10 would be a good starting
point. If you're seeing most of your connections in use all the time at
that point, get some thread dumps and maybe some timings on your queries to
make sure nothing is getting stuck.

Jon