tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Shultz, Dmitry" <Dmitry_Shu...@kaltire.com>
Subject RE: Apache Ignite initialization before EntityManagerFactory
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 21:43:36 GMT
I figured it out when found this: https://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/2013/11/05/openejbtomee-resources-how-does-it-work/
and this http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/trunk/container/openejb-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/org.apache.openejb/service-jar.xml

Everything seems to be working now.
However, I noticed the resource factory method is called twice (7.0.4) not sure how bad it
is.

Cheers,
Dmitry

-----Original Message-----
From: Shultz, Dmitry
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 1:28 PM
To: users@tomee.apache.org
Subject: RE: Apache Ignite initialization before EntityManagerFactory

Thanks Romain.

Ignite is using static variables internally to track it's cache instances, so EntityManagerFactory
and Ignite must be initiated by the same classloader, not sure if it will create problem with
custom resource for Ignite, I will try to play with it and lazy persistence unit later.

For now I would like to figure out how to instantiate the DataSource properly using class-name/factory-name
approach (I'm going to need this for another use case as well).

I can see the https://github.com/apache/tomee/blob/master/container/openejb-core/src/test/java/org/apache/openejb/config/typed/util/ServerContextTest.java
is using DataSourceBuilder and ServerContext to create the DataSource resource. Is there anything
like that can be used from my custom factory method?

Cheers,
Dmitry