tomee-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Soika <ralph.so...@imixs.com>
Subject Unable to deploy Java EE war on TomEE 8 M2 - Predeployment of PersistenceUnit failed.
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2019 17:52:34 GMT
Hi,

I am running TomEE 8.0.0-M2/M3 on Docker official image. And I try to
deploy my Java EE application with a docker file like this:

FROM tomee:11-jre-8.0.0-M3-microprofile
COPY ./src/docker/configuration/tomee/eclipselink.jar /usr/local/tomee/lib
COPY ./src/docker/configuration/tomee/postgresql-9.4.1212.jar
/usr/local/tomee/lib
COPY ./src/docker/configuration/tomee/tomee.xml /usr/local/tomee/conf
COPY ./target/imixs-jsf-example-*.war /usr/local/tomee/webapps/

I think the configuration is fine and my DataSource resource is correct
and successful connected.

But during deployment TomEE throws the following kind of exceptions:

.....SEVERE [main] jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
Error destroying child
imixssample-app_1  |     org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: An
invalid Lifecycle transition was attempted ([before_destroy]) for
component
[StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/imixs-jsf-example-5.0.0]]

in state [STARTING_PREP]

....SEVERE [main]
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.destroyApplication
undeployException original cause
imixssample-app_1  |     java.lang.Exception: deployment not found:
ModelService

.....Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit
[org.imixs.workflow.jpa] failed.
imixssample-app_1  | Internal Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
/usr/local/tomee/webapps/imixs-jsf-example-5.0.0/WEB-INF/classes/lib/imixs-workflow-engine-5.0.3.jar

The strange thing which I do not understand is the NoSuchFileException
in the directory ../WEB-INF/classes/lib/*

All jars containing the JPA Entity Classes are available on ../WEB-INF/lib/*

Why does my TomEE try to lookup the jar files under /WEB-INF/classes/lib/ ??

I think this is the wrong location.

Can any body give me a hint what TomEE tries to do during my deployment.

My Application contains EJBs, JPA and Microprofile Classes. And I am
using PostgreSQL with EclipseLink

Thanks for any help

===
Ralph