From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Basic Questions
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:27:15 GMT
On Nov 3, 2009, at 8:02 AM, Rusty Conover wrote:

> Is there a way to set a negative regexp for debugging, ideally I
> don't need to see all of the epoll and iocore lines.

Easiest is just to list the tags that you care about I think, either
via -T or the records.config settings. E.g. run it first  with
everything traced (e.g. ".*"), then examine the tags you are
interested in, e.g. "http.*|cache.*".

Note that this tracing feature, although extremely useful, is
incredibly expensive when enabled. Don't do it when benchmarking
stuff :). When it's disabled, there's very little overhead, so if you
write plugins, use the INKDebug() statements appropriately.

-- leif