From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to build examples
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:41:20 GMT
On 03/23/2010 12:01 AM, Nandika Jayawardana wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am new to traffic server. I checked out the source code from svn and
> want to build the examples. Can someone point to me the instructions
> on how to build them.  In the README.internal file located in example
> directory, it says to run
> autoconf configure.internal.in <http://configure.internal.in> >
> configure.internal  command. However, I cannot find
> configure.internal.in <http://configure.internal.in> file anywhere.
> Thanks in advance.

The example directory are for "plugins" examples, you don't need to
build those (and, we haven't cleaned all that up). The procedure to
build Traffic Server is

autoreconf -i
./configure
gmake
sudo gmake install

(probably need the sudo at the last step there, to install with
appropriate privs).

If building from  source distribution file ("tar-ball"), skip the first
step, i.e. go straight to ./configure. Also, some distros might need
options to ./configure (try ./configure --help for details), and you
will need to make sure appropriate "devel" packages are installed on the
box (see the Confluence Wiki pages at
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Development+Process).

Cheers,

-- Leif