From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: traffic line error
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:03:29 GMT
On 6/22/10 12:58 AM, Pranav Modi wrote:
> Traffic Server process starts when i try this command -
>
> pranav@desktop:~/trafficserver$ sudo traffic_server start

Yeah, but that's not the "right" command to start ATS. You want to do
"sudo trafficserver start". If that is what you have done, and there is
nothing in /var/log/messages as to why it wouldn't start, then I'm stumped.

Most likely, there's a file permission problem somewhere, but I'd really
expect the startup to generate warnings / errors in /var/log/messages if
that is the case. (That command you showed above could quite possible
create files with the wrong ownership, which would be in the way for the
proper "trafficserver start". If that is the case, you will need to fix
file / directory ownership, and/or reinstall ATS).

-- leif