From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching not working
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:20:46 GMT
On 6/24/10 12:11 AM, Pranav Modi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have got a proxy running using ATS. The sole entry in remap.config is -
>
> map http://localhost:8080/ http://localhost:8282/
>
> However caching does not take place. Every query i make is redirected
> to the origin server. The contents of storage.config is -
>
> /usr/local/trafficserver/cache 134217728
>
> A cache.db file in that location exists. But, the value of the cache
> size - proxy.process.cache.bytes_total is shown as 0. What do I need
> to do to make caching work?

What are the Cache-Control: and/or Expires: header sent from the server
on port 8282? The default settings in records.config requires
appropriate cache control headers or a Last-Modified: header (for
heuristics to work). You can "tweak" that by modifying

     CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 1

-- Leif