From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching not working
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 06:22:32 GMT
On 6/24/10 12:11 AM, Pranav Modi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have got a proxy running using ATS. The sole entry in remap.config is -
>
> map http://localhost:8080/ http://localhost:8282/
>
> However caching does not take place. Every query i make is redirected
> to the origin server. The contents of storage.config is -
>
> /usr/local/trafficserver/cache 134217728
>
> A cache.db file in that location exists. But, the value of the cache
> size - proxy.process.cache.bytes_total is shown as 0. What do I need
> to do to make caching work?

Also, I should have pointed out, to verify if a request is served out of
cache or not, add a request header like this:

      Cache-Control: only-if-cached

If the request can not be fulfilled with a cache hit, then an error (504
I think?) is returned. If it can be fulfilled out of cache, a '200 OK'
is returned (with the cached header + body).

-- leif