From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching not working
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 07:00:31 GMT
On 6/24/10 12:51 AM, Pranav Modi wrote:
> cache.db is a read-only file with the owner as 'root'.
That is probably the problem. Unless you have modified records.config,
that directory you specified for the cache needs to be writeable by
"nobody". If the file is owned by "root", it probably means you started
traffic_server manually as "root" at some point.

> However, no messages in usr/local /var/log/messages. In fact that file
> does not exist. There is only a trafficserver directory at
> usr/local/var/log

it would be in /var/log/messages. As I've mentioned in another post,
"fatal" errors are logged via syslog, which on all Linux systems at
least would log the errors in /var/log/messages.

-- leif