From Mark Nottingham <m...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Caching not working
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:24:36 GMT
Put your URL(s) into http://redbot.org/ -- it will tell you how caches are allowed to behave.

Cheers,

On 25/06/2010, at 4:00 AM, Pranav Modi wrote:

> The headers we send from our server along with the status code are -
>
> MIME-Version
> Server
> Date
> Content-Length
> Connection
> Content-Type
>
> No directives like 'must-revalidate' or 'no-cache'
>
> Pranav.
>
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Jason Giedymin <jason.giedymin@gmail.com> wrote:
> The content headers must be supplied without directives such as 'must revalidate', 'no
store', etc. For a full list, see:
> www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.htm
>
> Throw us a pastebin with some content header samples?
>
> -Jason
>
> On Jun 25, 2010, at 2:20 AM, Pranav Modi <pranav@lukup.com> wrote:
>
>> The permission settings are fine now, still there is something wrong...
>> These are my new settings in storage.config file -
>>
>> /usr/local/ts/cache 1048576
>>
>> after entering this in storage.config, I created the cache directory structure,
changed the permission settings so that 'nobody' is the owner and is able to read and write
files, then started TS.

>> Before making the first request after configuring the cache, i checked the value
of - proxy.process.cache.bytes_total which was 1021952 and has stayed that way after any number
of data requests. And the cache is still not used, the requests are being directed to the
origin server each time.

>> I checked the /var/log/messages file and there are no errors related to permissions.
What could be wrong?

>> Pranav.
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 6/24/10 12:51 AM, Pranav Modi wrote:
>> cache.db is a read-only file with the owner as 'root'.
>> That is probably the problem. Unless you have modified records.config, that directory
you specified for the cache needs to be writeable by "nobody". If the file is owned by "root",
it probably means you started traffic_server manually as "root" at some point.

>> However, no messages in usr/local /var/log/messages. In fact that file does not exist.
There is only a trafficserver directory at usr/local/var/log

>> it would be in /var/log/messages. As I've mentioned in another post, "fatal" errors
are logged via syslog, which on all Linux systems at least would log the errors in /var/log/messages.

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot@yahoo-inc.com