From Steve Jiang <sji...@apache.org>
Subject Re: setting url specific caching time
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 05:44:57 GMT
Pranav Modi wrote, on 8/8/10 10:32 PM:
> Age	14400

TS thinks the item is 4 hours old, is the clock on the origin server
synced with the TS host?  Are the Date and Age headers served from your
origin server correct?  Again, the best practice here is to emit an
explicit Expires: or Cache-Control: header from your origin server
rather than force TS using cache.config.

> Via	HTTP/1.0 <proxy_name> (ApacheTrafficServer/2.1.0 [cSsSfU])

The [cSsSfU] code indicates that TS thinks the document is stale and
revalidated it with the origin server (likely due to the 4 hour age).
This is documented in the Admin Guide Addendum, but I don't see it on
the online admin guide.  Miles, can you get the section for "Via Header"
added to the apache docs?

--Steve

> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Steve Jiang <sjiang@apache.org> wrote:
>> This works for me.  What are the full response headers you are getting back
>> from TS?
>>
>> --Steve
>>

>> Pranav Modi wrote, on 8/8/10 11:45 AM:
>>>  Pinning content in cache for a certain period of time is not working
>>> in my case. Data seems to be cached indefinitely.
>>>
>>> The entries in cache.config is -
>>>
>>> url_regex=/social/rest/activities ttl-in-cache=5m
>>> url_regex=/social/rest/messages ttl-in-cache=5m
>>> url_regex=/social/rest/people ttl-in-cache=3h