From Adam Faris <far...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: ram_cache size > 2GB
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:31:24 GMT
I'm sure the answer is yes but just to be certain, is the 2GB of ram physically there?  Once
I had a similar issue by using a config from a 8GB system with a 2GB ramcache setting on a
1GB vm.  Trafficserver wouldn't start until I updated the ramcache setting to use something
sane like 128 MB.

On 9/15/10 3:20 PM, "Leif Hedstrom" <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

 On 09/15/2010 03:35 PM, Pranav Desai wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Leif Hedstrom<zwoop@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Please try v2.1.2. Note that as of this version the ram cChe settings are of
>> INT type in records.config (but they are all 64-bit ints).
>>

> I tried to use 2.1.2. But it doesnt seem to run for me.
>
> ./bin/trafficserver start
> says ok
> but only traffic_cop is running.

Is there anything in /var/log/messages that might indicate what is wrong?

-- Leif