From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Basic proxy
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:57:54 GMT
On 11/10/2010 09:09 AM, a@test123.ru wrote:
> Thank you very much! CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1 is what the doctor
ordered. Trafficserver runs and works. But I cannot see log. I added<LogObject>  into
log_xml.config with FileName="full/path/to/log.file". It did not create the file and no errors
in traffic.out log. How to turn on logging?

Default out of the box, the squid binary log should be available,
/usr/local/var/log/trafficserver/squid.blog. This is a 'binary' format,
so you would need to use "traffic_logcat" to view it, e.g.
"traffic_logcat -f /usr/local/var/log/trafficserver/squid.blog".

The XML formats you are fiddling with are for making custom log formats.
It's incredibly flexible, but in most cases, I think one of the
pre-defined log formats (enabled and disabled in records.config, look
for "log2" configs) is sufficient.

In all cases, binary logs are faster then text logs. Also, all logs are
buffered, so there might be a delay until you see something in the logs.

Assuming none of the above works, we'll have to try to debug this. For
me, squid.blog always works with the default settings.

-- Leif