From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Re: Basic Proxy
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 05:55:05 GMT

> ATS 2.0.1. I have internal network, linux gateway with 2 netcards, the gateway does NAT
(iptables). There is no origin servers inside internal network, I do not need reverse proxy.
I want transparent, caching forward proxy. Is it possible with ATS?

An origin server is any server that provides content to be cached. If you intend to use ATS
to do caching, the server that provides the data to be cached is an origin server.

Transparent proxying wasn't implemented until ATS version 2.1.3.