From Mark Harrison <m...@omniti.com>
Subject Re: Basic proxy
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:15:51 GMT
Did you set proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required to 0?

If not, then trafficserver is in reverse proxy only mode. It is that
way by default so you don't accidentally end up running an open proxy.

In records.config, find the following line and change the 1 to a 0:

CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1

I found that I needed to set proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled to 0
also in order for transparent proxying to work.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:59 AM,  <a@test123.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am installing traffic server as proxy for small network. Both transparent and explicit
proxy. Replacement for squid which still officially supports only HTTP/1.0. Compilation under
Ubuntu 10.04 is OK, traffic server starts (locally). I cannot figure out how to connect to
the explicit proxy. When I set up locahost:8080 as proxy address, I always see the page saying
site is unreachable. In traffic server log there is also error message about that.