From Mark Harrison <m...@omniti.com>
Subject Re: Basic proxy
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:09:57 GMT
An update on my previous response: for transparent proxying, you don't
have to disable reverse_proxy, but you do have to enable transparent
proxying by setting proxy.config.http.server_port_attr. See
http://people.apache.org/~amc/tiphares/home.html for more information.

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Mark Harrison <mark@omniti.com> wrote:
> Did you set proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required to 0?
>
> If not, then trafficserver is in reverse proxy only mode. It is that
> way by default so you don't accidentally end up running an open proxy.
>
> In records.config, find the following line and change the 1 to a 0:
>
> CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1
>
> I found that I needed to set proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled to 0
> also in order for transparent proxying to work.
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:59 AM,  <a@test123.ru> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am installing traffic server as proxy for small network. Both transparent and explicit
proxy. Replacement for squid which still officially supports only HTTP/1.0. Compilation under
Ubuntu 10.04 is OK, traffic server starts (locally). I cannot figure out how to connect to
the explicit proxy. When I set up locahost:8080 as proxy address, I always see the page saying
site is unreachable. In traffic server log there is also error message about that.