From <.@test123.ru>
Subject Re: Basic proxy
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 07:13:58 GMT
Thanks! Log is here! Explicit proxy works. But transparent not :(
I set
CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_port_attr STRING =
(also tried < and >)

then same redirector as for squid:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth0 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080

I always see "Your browser did not send a hostname as part of the requested url".

If set
CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 1
The error is "Your requested URL was not found."

It looks like squid style of iptable redirection does not work with ATS. I read examples "Transparent
bridging" and "Inline router" but my configuration is not so advanced. I have a gateway with
eth0 (internal) and eth1 (external) and ATS running on it. I want transparent caching proxy
for outbound HTTP traffic. How should I redirect the port?

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 12:09:57 -0500, Mark Harrison <mark@omniti.com> wrote:
> An update on my previous response: for transparent proxying, you don't
> have to disable reverse_proxy, but you do have to enable transparent
> proxying by setting proxy.config.http.server_port_attr. See
> http://people.apache.org/~amc/tiphares/home.html for more information.
>
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Mark Harrison <mark@omniti.com> wrote:
>> Did you set proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required to 0?
>>
>> If not, then trafficserver is in reverse proxy only mode. It is that
>> way by default so you don't accidentally end up running an open proxy.
>>
>> In records.config, find the following line and change the 1 to a 0:
>>
>> CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1
>>
>> I found that I needed to set proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled to 0
>> also in order for transparent proxying to work.
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:59 AM,  <a@test123.ru> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I am installing traffic server as proxy for small network. Both transparent and
explicit proxy.
>>> Replacement for squid which still officially supports only HTTP/1.0. Compilation
under Ubuntu
>>> 10.04 is OK, traffic server starts (locally). I cannot figure out how to connect
to the explicit
>>> proxy. When I set up locahost:8080 as proxy address, I always see the page saying
site is