From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on TS running as a reverse proxy on port 80
Date Tue, 24 May 2011 22:35:24 GMT
On 05/24/2011 04:27 PM, Subbu Allamaraju wrote:
> I'm trying to run TS on port 80 on Ubuntu as via
>
> sudo traffic_server start

Hi Subbu :),

first, traffic_server is not an RC script, it's actually the binary that
will (eventually) run. If you wish to use the RC script, it's

    sudo trafficserver start

The fact that you ran traffic_server might now have screwed up your
permissions, since it probably created some files owned by root, which
needs to be owned by nobody or whatever user you configured it to run
as. The best way to fix that is to simply uninstall and reinstall ATS
again (nuke all remnants of /usr/local/var/trafficserver etc.).

That much said, it should work to just run 'sudo traffic_server", so not
sure why that is failing. Perhaps it's the "start" argument, I'm not
sure what we'd do with that ;).  Also, what version of ATS are you
trying to install?

Cheers,

-- Leif