From Eric Balsa <er...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plugging into the backside of ATS?
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 22:29:43 GMT
I started messing around with a protocol plugin
[http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/sdk/NewProtocolPlugins.html]
of the memcached protocol on top of the TS cache (sounds like John
beat me to it). Think that could be way cooler (persistant, protocol
compatible, high performing, large object support, etc) than TS
caching to memcache.

Don't forget the 1MB limit on memcached "objects". I'm pretty sure you
can increase that, but I think it's compile time IIRC:

http://code.google.com/p/memcached/wiki/FAQ#What%5Fis%5Fthe%5Fmaximum%5Fdata%5Fsize%5Fyou%5Fcan%5Fstore?%5F%281%5Fmegabyte%29

--Eric