From John Plevyak <jplev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugging into the backside of ATS?
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 21:37:06 GMT
Just an FYI, the clustering support in the proxy right now is optimized for
some non-obvious case: very
large documents are streamed in chunks, and header matching occurs on the
cache which contains the
document which minimizes round trips, staging to disk handles the long tail,
etc.

I think that you will find that replacing the disk cache with memcache will
not improve performance and
will likely run into some subtle problems.  However, I am interested to see
the results.   BTW: I have
a memcache on TS implementation around somewhere, for a persistent
memcached.

john