From "Alan M. Carroll" <...@network-geographics.com>
Subject Transparency support updates
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 01:59:03 GMT
At least a couple of people have been experiencing difficulties with ATS and transparency.
Fixes for TS-804 (requires libcap) and TS-816 (attributes on other ports don't work) are now
committed if you want to give them a try.

I have tested on my setup with full transparency and NAT based outbound transparency simultaneously
successfully.

One note is that if NAT is done on packets before they reach ATS that port should not be inbound
transparent. In this case if you are OK with having connections to origin servers use the
ATS address as the source address then you should not enable transparency at all. If you want
ATS to use the client's address then you should use outbound transparency ('<'). Also note
that you do not need an external router to use the inbound NAT case, you can do that in iptables
using the REDIRECT target.