From Chris Reynolds <shann...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot get parent proxy working
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:10:08 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to set Traffic Server to use a Microsoft ISA upstream
proxy but it is always going direct to the origin server.

I have set proxy.config.http.parent_proxy_routing_enable to 1 and
added a line to parent.config:

dest_domain=. parent="ip_address:8080" round_robin=strict
Where ip_address is the IP address of the ISA proxy.

I have run traffic_line -x but a network trace on Traffic Server shows
it not attempting to use the ISA IP address. It just seems to connect
to the origin server but this connect takes much longer than usual.

Does Traffic Server support upstream proxies that are not Traffic
Server ones? If so what have I done wrong?

Note - I am using Traffic Server 3.0.0.

Thank-you in advance.

Chris Reynolds.