From "Leif Hedstrom" <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: API's available to clear cache
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 04:14:32 GMT
Ron West wrote:
> Hi,
>
> New to the caching server and I apologize if this is not the place to post
> this, however I was hoping that someone could help me answer a few
> questions:
>
> 1.) Is there an API (REST, HTTP, or other) available to "invalidate" cache
> for a particular URL?

Well, that's what the PURGE method is for. E.g.

   PURGE /some/path/foo.png HTTP/1.1
   Host: www.example.com

Or some such. Or use the curl command line, with the -X PURGE argument.

> 2.) In conjunction with that is there also an API (REST, HTTP, or other)
> available that can "build" cache for a particular URL?

Yes, use the PUSH method. There are some threads on the mailing lists
explaining how to use it, and I think there's an example script too.

-- Leif