From "Walsh, Peter" <Peter.Wa...@disney.com>
Subject Serving Stale Cached Content when origin server unreachable
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 22:02:03 GMT
Hello all,
I found information in the Admin docs that indicate if the origin server doesn’t respond
to a revalidation query, Traffic Server serves stale data along with a warning.

My question is:  How often will Traffic Server try to revalidate the object when it has already
been unable perform a revalidation query for that object before?  My assumption is that Traffic
Server will attempt to perform the revalidation on a single client request at a time and any
other requests that come in for that same object will be served the stale cached object for
as long as the time set in “proxy.config.connection_collapsing.revaliate_window_period”.
 Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

Pete Walsh
Software Engineer