From "Mav Peri" <mav.p...@optasports.com>
Subject RE: dns
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 18:11:23 GMT
Thanks leif,

How can I override this so that entries are not cached for more than 30 seconds?

From: Leif Hedstrom [mailto:zwoop@apache.org]
Sent: 21 September 2011 18:47
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Cc: <users@trafficserver.apache.org>
Subject: Re: dns

We will cache the DNS response for the time allowed by the authoritated server (the TTL of
the record).

-- leif

-- leif

On Sep 21, 2011, at 10:11 AM, "Mav Peri" <mav.peri@optasports.com> wrote:

	Hi Guys,

	Does ATS cache the dns entry for a url? I am experiencing a strange amazon elastic load balancer
(ELB) issue and I am wondering if it has to do with ATS caching the ip the load balancer cname
points to.

	Basically ELBs change their IPs as they scale up and down. I wonder if ATS caches that and
it still resolves to the old IP

	Any ideas?

	MAv