From Miles Libbey <mlib...@apache.org>
Subject Re: update cache in background
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 21:26:18 GMT
They (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5861)
can be supported by writing a plugin -- I know Yahoo has one, but it
needs a bit of work to get it out into the project.  I think Bryan was
going to spend some time on doing that.

miles

On Sep 26, 2011, at 12:10 PM, Mav Peri wrote:

> Thanks for the reply
>
> So presumably there is no way to do this with ats?

supported in ATS, but is implemented in Squid [2] and works quite well.

> [1] http://www.mnot.net/blog/2007/12/12/stale
> [2] http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/refresh_pattern/
>
> On Sep 24, 2011, at 11:55 AM, Mav Peri wrote:
>

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is it possible to get ATS on stale hit to serve from cache and refresh the cache in the
background?

> The use case is when we are experiencing issues with the origin server I would like to
serve stale content (compared to nothing) and then get ats to refresh it in the background
instead of holding traffic up.