From "Henry C." <he...@cityweb.co.za>
Subject Reverse proxy for HTTPS
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 10:50:20 GMT
Hi,

I've got ts work as a reverse proxy for normal HTTP using the following config:

/usr/local/etc/trafficserver/records.config:
CONFIG proxy.config.http.server_port INT 80

/usr/local/etc/trafficserver/remap.config:
map             http://test.com/             http://direct.test.com/
reverse_map     http://direct.test.com/      http://test.com/

This seems to work well and I look forward to doing some benchmarks, etc.

However, I'm unclear on how to get ts to reverse proxy for HTTPS on port 443.

I've tried

/usr/local/etc/trafficserver/records.config:
CONFIG proxy.config.ssl.server_port  INT 443

...but that doesn't do anything.

netstat shows that port 443 is not being used by ts.  It's probably something
small somewhere which I'm too dense to pick up on.  Any pointers would be
appreciated.

I'm using ts 3.0.1 on CentOS 5.x.

...while typing this it occurred to me that maybe remap.config needs https://
map/reverse_map lines as well...?