From Siddharth Wagh <siddharth.w...@altior.com>
Subject Traffic server 3.0.1 crashes for low traffic generated using Apache Bench
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 17:03:09 GMT
Hello all,

I am new to Apache traffic server and have downloaded the 3.0.1 release on my machine.
My machine details:
Linux 2.6.32-71.29.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 27 19:49:27 BST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I did the quick install mentioned in INSTALL file
./configure
make
sudo make install

I have an origin server (Apache webserver) on another machine. I have the traffic server and
origin server on one subnet (192.168.10.xx); traffic server and client on another subnet (192.168.20.xx).
I added following line to remap.config
map http://192.168.20.108:8080/ http://192.168.10.110:80/

After restarting traffic server, I am able to access the 6 different sized html files I created
on origin server through Mozilla Firefox using URL
http://192.168.20.108:8080/filexxx.html

But when I use ApacheBench on client machine to generate a load for traffic server, the machine
crashes randomly if I increase concurrency.
Lowest concurrency at which machine crashed is:
ab -n 10000 -c 20 http://192.168.20.108:8080/large1.html
where large1.html is a 7.5 KB page on origin server
c = 20 (concurrency level)
n = 10000 (total no. of requests sent)

Except remap.config, I have not changed any files.

Is this a known bug? Or am I doing something incorrect?
Any help on this matter is appreciated since I am stuck on this issue for a week, and tried
reinstalling the traffic server once.

- Sid