From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issues with reverse proxy remapping absolute links
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 03:30:53 GMT
On 12/13/11 5:14 AM, andrew.ashcroft@holidaylettings.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just setup ATS as a reverse proxy and it's mostly working as expected but I can't
figure out how to rewrite the URLs on the origin server.

> For example, we have:
>
> Internet -->  ATSserver.com -->  originserver.com
>
> When visiting ATSserver.com, ATS is caching and the page from originserver.com is displaying
as expected but as the links on originserver.com are absolute (e.g originserver.com/page2.html),
when they are clicked, the browser goes to origingserver.com and not ATSserver.com.

> Is there a way to get ATS to rewrite the base href so that all requests will go through
the reverse proxy?

> Remap.config has:
>
> map             http://atsserver.com	http://originserver.com
> reverse_map     http://originserver.com 	http://atsserver.com
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,

Yeah, there is no such feature in ATS. Someone could write a transform
plugin to do it. But honestly, you ought to fix the origin server ;). Make
it either use relative links, or make use of "pristine host headers"
(meaning, make originserver.com see and handle the Host: header with a value
of atsserver.com).

-- Leif