From James Chris Beaver <beav...@algonquincollege.com>
Subject Question about disk optimization in ATS.
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:09:46 GMT

Hello Folks,

I am looking for information in regards to the best way to optimize disk in ATS.  I understand
that the application uses raw disks however what is the best way to lay out those disks?
Is it best to have more than one cache disk?  I am inclined to put up more than one hardware
raid5 volume and then format them as raw disks for ATS to make use of.  Is there a "rule of
thumb" when it comes to disk sizing?  What block size is best (large of small)?  For example
if you have to large of a disk(s) will that slow down ATS as it must spend time keeping track
of very large caches?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Regards

--
Chris Beaver
UNIX Systems Administrator, ITS - Algonquin College