From Nick Berry <nbe...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Traffic Line Not Working for Me
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2011 01:43:39 GMT
Try running traffic_line as the user that traffic_manager is running as or root.

On Dec 13, 2011, at 1:39 PM, Dan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am just getting started with Traffic Server.  I installed it using these instructions:
>
> http://linuxpoison.blogspot.com/2011/07/installation-and-configuration-of.html
>
> (correcting the version number of course).
>
> It is working, butI don't think my installations is right.  In particular, traffic_line
doesn't seem to work:

>    dan@scapps1:/usr/local/bin$ ./traffic_line -x
>    error: the requested command failed
>    dan@scapps1:/usr/local/bin$
>
>    dan@scapps1:/usr/local/bin$ ./traffic_line -r proxy.node.hostname
>    ./traffic_line: Variable Not Found
>    dan@scapps1:/usr/local/bin$
>
> I notice that the documentation refers to a file: /etc/traffic_server  I don't have such
a file (or at least I didn't until I started experimenting with a file by that name it to
see if I could fix my installation).  I'm guessing that this is related to the traffic_line
problem in some way.

> Also, I don't have seem to the start_traffic_server and stop_traffic_server scripts that
the documentation refers to.  I have been using:

>    sudo trafficserver start
> and
>    sudo trafficserver stop
>
> instead.  I don't know if this could be causing the problem.
>
> The only errors in my logs are:
>
>    traffic.out:[Dec 13 21:19:50.214] Manager {140623480710976} ERROR: [TrafficManager]
==> Cleaning up and reissuing signal #3