From "Van Doorn, Jan R" <Jan_VanDo...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject Content affinity when selecting parent caches?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:37:54 GMT
Hello,

I apologize if this has been discussed before, or is in the
documentation. I am fairly new to ATS, so forgive my ignorance.

I am looking at building a multi tier CDN, and want to have "content
affinity" when my edge caches miss and select a parent cache, meaning, I
want to have multiple caches in the same parent caching location, and I
don't want to have these caches store the same content.

I know I could use ICP to share the caches in a location, but the
records.config says "ICP Configuration. NOTE! ICP is currently broken
NOTE!", and I am hesitant to use ICP, as it seems to bring a lot of
complexity.

In other products/projects, I've seen this been solved using a hash,
where a hash of the requested URL determines the parent cache selected.

Is there something like that in ATS? If not, would it be easy to
implement in a plugin? What "hook" would I use for the plugin?

Regards,
JvD