From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Authenication
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:22:54 GMT
On 3/21/12 2:56 AM, Matt Williams wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was looking at the various authentication methods that may be available
> in Traffic Server. Ideally I'd like something a little more than Basic
> Authentication and was really interested in, what appeared to be, the
> possibility of configuring an LDAP based setup. Some of the documentation
> suggests this is possible:
> http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/files.htm#filter.config

For good (or bad), all the authentication stuff had to be removed before we
open sourced ATS. This unfortunately also includes filter.config, for some
unknown reasons, authentication and authorization were combined into one
feature (and module).

The goal is to reimplement these features as plugins.  I don't know of any
such projects underway, I know Yahoo had an OAuth plugin for example, but I
don't know if it will ever be Open Sourced. So, you are pretty much spot on,
this needs work, and we're definitely looking for people to contribute
plugins in this area. It's entirely possible this means adding additional
APIs to the plugin APIs, but that is completely ok with us. :)

Cheers,

-- Leif