From Siddharth Wagh <siddharth.w...@altior.com>
Subject RE: Concatenating Traffic Servers
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 17:14:06 GMT
I have been discussing offline and got the same input. But changing the rule has changed the
error message to "400 Multi-Hop Cycle detected" instead of "404 Not Found.."
I thought it was due to the fact that my client and both traffic servers were on the same
subnet. I have now assigned separate subnet between every two machines, but I get the same
result.

I will look up parent.proxy config.

Thanks,
Sid

From: Leif Hedstrom [mailto:zwoop@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:02 PM
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Cc: Siddharth Wagh
Subject: Re: Concatenating Traffic Servers

On 3/1/12 9:25 AM, Siddharth Wagh wrote:
Hello all,

I am trying to concatenate two traffic servers (v 3.0.2) between a web client and a Apache
web server by adding remap rules for forwarding requests.
Client <====> TS-1<====>TS-2<====>Server
The request from ApacheBench on the client is forwarded to TS-2 via the mapping rule, but
TS-2 does not map it the same way and returns '404: Not found on Accelerator' header.

I have the following parameters set in records.config file so that the client request is forwarded
as it is.
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1

Mapping on TS-1 remap.config works:
map     http://192.168.20.171:8080/             http://192.168.20.136:8080/
                                (TS-1)
(TS-2)
But, mapping on TS-2 remap.config doesn't:
map     http://192.168.20.136:8080/     http://192.168.30.134/

But, you have set the pristine_host_hdr to "1". Your second remap rule therefore must be

map http://192.168.20.171:8080/ http://192.168.30.134/

If you are planning on always forwarding up like this, use the parent.proxy configurations
instead.

-- Leif