From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best practice for high availability clustering
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:42:09 GMT
On Apr 24, 2012, at 11:28 AM, Christopher Arnold <arnoldch@apple.com> wrote:

> When clustering two or more ATS servers in full clustered mode I assume the ATS servers
transfer cached objects between themselves.  Should I ensure that traffic  be done over a
dedicated network the ATS servers share separate from their main interface?  I was seeing
a high cache miss cold rate and poor network performance when curling a largish file when
I set up clustering with two nodes on a single vlan.  I was testing with ATS 3.0.4 on OEL
6 linux with bonded interfaces).

Yeah, on a cache miss  I believe you would see 2x the traffic since it has to be cached on
the right cluster member.

Clustering is only useful if you really have a ton of content, and can't leverage some sort
of L7 load balancing. I've never used clustering :)

-- Leif