From taorui <weilogs...@126.com>
Subject Re: any sort of 32bit limitation preventing large file caches?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 02:04:32 GMT
hmmm, The limitation of size of an object can be cached is not specific,
but we can estimate the limitation through the source. (suppose every
fragment is 1M except the first fragment).

agg_buf is 4M, which means the first fragment can not exceed 4M, then
most fragments of an obj can be cached is (4M - sizeof(Doc) - hdr_len) /
sizeof(Frag). So we can get the largest size of an obj can be cached is
((4M - sizeof(Doc) - hdr_len) / 8) * 1M, that can not be exceed 5G.

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 15:55 -0700, Bruce Lysik wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any sort of internal limitation on the size of an object that can be cached?
 We are seeing 1.5gb objects cached fine, but a 5.5gb object doesn't seem to be cached.