From Elli <lema...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Priority of remap.config rules
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:13:58 GMT
Thank you for the clarification.  For what it's worth I agree it would make configuration
easier to understand. I will try to file a bug shortly.

Thank you.

----- Original Message -----
From: Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org>
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Cc: Elli <leman_1@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: Priority of remap.config rules

On 4/25/12 6:42 AM, Elli wrote:

> I should have noticed this earlier, precedence is documented here
> http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/trunk/admin/configuration-files/remap.config.en.html
>
> Although that doc claims redirect takes precedence over regex_map, which doesn't seem
to be the case.  It looks like map and regex_map both take precedence over redirect.

Yeah, that sounds like a 'bug' in the docs. File a bug and attach a fix? :)

All map rules have the highest precedence :-/. This is a serious problem
IMO, but hasn't been prioritized by anyone to fix. IMO, remap.config should
be strict ordering of the rules, regardless of the type of mapping.

-- Leif