From Jorge Román Novalbos <jro...@linux-it.es>
Subject Re: ATS concurrence
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:17:28 GMT
Hi,  thank for your answer!!

1) I have tried with -k too, and i have timeouts too.

2)I don't think that was the problem because I get the same timeout from different clients
from internet. anyway I have 10G internet conexion.

3) The ATS server load is very low during the test, never overcome 1. The request never reach
the origin servers because ATS is caching the object, therefore the req per seconds should
be much more high.
4) I have the same problem with statics objects. My origin servers never could handle 10000
req/s, therefore I'm interesting in ATS.
5) Sure!

I don't know, but I think it's a problem (or setting) of the SO tcp/ip stack.

Any other idea???

On 13/04/2012, at 08:34, Rohit Karlupia wrote:

> Multiple things can go wrong..;)
>
> 1) You can use -k option with ab to keep the client connections alive. That should be
helpful.
> 2) Divide the total bytes transferred by duration of the test to see if you are close
to bandwidth limits. (100Mbps or 1Gbps)
> 3) Are you maxing out on cpu on ATS or the application server machine? ATS is a proxy.
It will only add to latency. If the backend server is exhausted, you probably need to put
more servers and load balance them using ATS to get your desired numbers.
> 4) php is process based. What is behind ATS ? Apache? How many processes?
> 5) Are you using caching on ATS?
>
> thanks!
> rohitk
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 1:48 AM, Jorge Román Novalbos <jroman@linux-it.es> wrote:
> Hi everyone!!
>
> I'm configuring a new ATS machine that it gonna server a lot request per second (around
10000).

> I have done several benchmark with ab from different machine to achieve more concurrence
but I can't get more than 3000 request per second.

> I have set several params in order to improve the performance:
>
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_recycle
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_reuse
> echo "10" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout
>
> echo "10240" > /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn
>
> Besides, I have increased max open file allowed for nobody user to 16384 (User that run
ATS)