From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best practice for high availability clustering
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:11:17 GMT
On Apr 24, 2012, at 8:26 AM, Bruce Lysik <blysik@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Was interested in what best practices are for high availability traffic server clustering.
>
> Is it standard to have a setup like:
>
> * load balancer with clustered apache traffic servers
> which point to

I would consider local TCP anycast, using OSPF /quagga maybe.

> * load balancer with multiple origin servers

Yeah. This is a place we desperately need to improve, the yahoo load
balancing plugin was open sourced, but is missing vital code dependencies :/.

DNS RR should kind of work too, and there is a bug / patch that implements
proactive health checks (the current implementation is reactive).

-- Leif