From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATS on Amazon EC2 instance
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:22:44 GMT
On 18 Apr 2012, at 03:01, Nguyen Hai Nam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've built ATS 3.0.2 on EC2 (Amazon Linux AMI i386 EBS). But failed to
> start traffic server
>
> # ./trafficserver start
> This script needs to be ported to this OS

I recollect that happening on Amazon.

If you grep the script, you'll see it comes from a bunch of tests which set
DISTRIB_ID, starting about line 44.  I used the easy workaround of

 ln -s /etc/system-release /etc/redhat-release

to satisfy the test (amazon linux is essentially redhat).

I think I also raised the matter on the dev list (as in, why do we have to
make these tests at all?) but nothing came of it.

--
Nick Kew