From Jorge Román Novalbos <jro...@linux-it.es>
Subject Re: Rewrite http headers
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:29:59 GMT
Yes, I'm agree with you, the cache.config let me keep the object in the cache, but i can't
override the header.

First of all i don't have access to origin server configuration so I can't fix the cache headers
from origin :(

I'm trying to optimize the performance of a web site and with cache.config rules i improved
very much but I thing if I achieve to rewrite the Cache-Control header and set max-age time
I could improve the performance very much because I'll using the browser cache too.

Thaks for your help!

On 25/04/2012, at 16:22, Leif Hedstrom wrote:

> On 4/25/12 8:19 AM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>> Slightly sub-optimal, but effectively the same as Cache-Control
>> =max-age=123=   (which won't work). You would use this in a remap.config,
>> like
>>
>>    map http://example.com http://real.example.com
>> @plugin=header_filter.so @pparam=/some/path/to/your.conf
>

> Also, you might want to examine cache.config instead, it might be what you really want
to do. Or better yet, fix the origin to not be braindead, but put in proper cache control
headers ;).