From Christopher Arnold <arnol...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for high availability clustering
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 16:41:10 GMT
Will an ats cluster work correctly if load balanced using a layer 3 or 4 slb solution like
a netscaler?

Christopher Arnold
arnoldch@apple.com

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

>>>  Yeah. This is a place we desperately need to improve, the yahoo load balancing
plugin was open sourced, but is missing vital code dependencies :/.
>>>  DNS RR should kind of work too, and there is a bug / patch that implements proactive
health checks (the current implementation is reactive).

>> What does the current code do if a single origin in a RR goes offline?
>>

> It should mark it down. There are configurations hwo long it is marked down, until it
tries to connect again etc. While down, the other members of the rotation gets all traffic.