From Rohit Karlupia <iamro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ATS concurrence
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:34:04 GMT
Multiple things can go wrong..;)

1) You can use -k option with ab to keep the client connections alive. That
should be helpful.
2) Divide the total bytes transferred by duration of the test to see if you
are close to bandwidth limits. (100Mbps or 1Gbps)
3) Are you maxing out on cpu on ATS or the application server machine? ATS
is a proxy. It will only add to latency. If the backend server is
exhausted, you probably need to put more servers and load balance them
using ATS to get your desired numbers.
4) php is process based. What is behind ATS ? Apache? How many processes?
5) Are you using caching on ATS?

thanks!
rohitk