From "Jason J. W. Williams" <jasonjwwilli...@gmail.com>
Subject 200 responses transformed into 304 Not Modified
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 23:34:01 GMT
Hello,

We're using ATS as a forward caching proxy, and we're having an issue with
a particular site. Requests for a specific URL are always coming back 304
Not Modified when run through ATS.

The problem is that the target server is actually responding with 200 and a
data payload, ATS is then taking that response and returning 304 Not
Modified to the client instead of passing the 200 response + payload along
(also, there is no If-Modified-Since in the client request to ATS).

We've tried setting the target domain to action=never-cache in
cache.config, but that doesn't seem to help. Any pointers as to why ATS
would be translating a 200 response into a 304 (and how to stop it) would
be much appreciated.

-J