From "mav.peri@holidaylettings.co.uk" <mav.p...@holidaylettings.co.uk>
Subject Re: ATS concurrence
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:18:44 GMT

From: "Linux-it.es" <jroman@linux-it.es<mailto:jroman@linux-it.es>>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:23:03 +0100
To: "users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>" <users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>>
Cc: "users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>" <users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: ATS concurrence

On 13/04/2012, at 07:00, "mav.peri@holidaylettings.co.uk<mailto:mav.peri@holidaylettings.co.uk>"

Is this a virtual machine?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Jorge Román Novalbos
Sent: Thu, Apr 12, 2012 21:18
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org<mailto:users@trafficserver.apache.org>
CC:
Subject: ATS concurrence

Hi everyone!!

I'm configuring a new ATS machine that it gonna server a lot request per second (around 10000).

I have done several benchmark with ab from different machine to achieve more concurrence but
I can't get more than 3000 request per second.

I have set several params in order to improve the performance:

echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_recycle
echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_tw_reuse
echo "10" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout

echo "10240" > /proc/sys/net/core/somaxconn

Besides, I have increased max open file allowed for nobody user to 16384 (User that run ATS)

In the client side always get the same error :

apr_socket_recv: Connection timed out (110)

This is the ab command:

ab -c 600 -t 60 ''http://172.20.10.11/test.php"

I have increased the limit to 5000 in client side too.

Anybody knows how i can retrieve more concurrence in my server??????

Thanks in advance!!!

Jorge