From Servalan eq <servala...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Priority of remap.config rules
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:28:09 GMT

Leif posted on something like thishttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-675 back in 03/11
for version 2.x saying that map rules take precedence over redirect rules - though I wasn't
sure if this was being called a bug or not?
Can you write your regex_map rule to exclude beetroot.server.net?
cheers,Servalan
> Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 04:39:16 -0700
> From: leman_1@yahoo.com
> Subject: Priority of remap.config rules
> To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to configure a map and redirect rule in remap.config and wanted to find out
what the precedence of rules are.

> From some experiments it looks like map rules in general take precendence over redirect
rules.

> My use case is I have a regex_map rule which catches a set of urls.  For one of those
urls I want an exception that gets redirected.  The redirect rule is listed first so I expected
that rule to handle the request.  Instead the map rule is catching the request. Is there some
way to do this? I thought about potentially using the regex remap plugin to handle the redirect
but that seems like an ugly hack.