From "Vaillancourt, Tim" <TVaillanco...@ea.com>
Subject Regex URLs in 'buffer_upload' module
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 21:39:09 GMT
Hey guys,

We are interested in trying to use the 'buffer_upload' module with ATS to mitigate long-running
threads on our backend Java tier. Essentially, we want to drown ATS threads with slow uploads
vs the significantly heavier backend threads of our app.

After implementing as a Proof-of-Concept we realized a large limitation with the module: regex
is not supported in URLs to buffer, meaning we cannot use this module with our current codebase
as we have SKUs and User IDs in our URLs which of course is not static?

Are there plans to implement regex in coming versions of 'buffer_upload' for specifying URLs
to buffer? I am not the biggest C expert but could lend a hand if needed.

Cheers,

Tim