From Bruce Lysik <bly...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: selectively clear device disk cache?
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 14:37:54 GMT
Great, thanks for confirming that.  Back to the initial set of messages for a moment:

[May  1 09:23:11.564] Server {0x2afe89312700} WARNING: cache directory overflow on '/dev/sdd'
segment 0, purging...
[May  1 09:23:11.565] Server {0x2afe89312700} WARNING: cache directory overflow on '/dev/sdd'
segment 0, purging...

This sounds like something it would eventually recover from, but we haven't seen these messages
ever stop, once they do.  Can you shine some light on what's happening here?  ATS is functioning
properly in this situation, but load increases, and eventually more cache directories get
into this state.

Sounds like something I should file a bug against?

Thanks for your assistance.

--
Bruce Z. Lysik <blysik@yahoo.com>

If I clear a single disk cache, it has its own index, and I don't run the risk of putting
the ATS server into some weird state, right?

>Correct. It's a strength, and a weakness. In some cases, a very large, popular file could
benefit from spanning multiple disks, but we (currently) don't support that (afaik).