From Bruce Lysik <bly...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: selectively clear device disk cache?
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:49:28 GMT
Ah, ok.  So now it's even more different as we have gone back to 7 x 300GB raw device drives
instead of that one 1.7TB RAID device.

--
Bruce Z. Lysik <blysik@yahoo.com>

caching very small objects or have set the configuration for average object size too high.
>Right, this might be my fault :). They have mostly large files, with 1.7TB of disk, and
the default of 8KB average size creates way too many directory entries (wasting memory, disk
I/O and longer startup times). They should estimate how many objects they need, salt it appropriately,
and tune the config accordingly.